Saturday, March 30, 2013

So This Is Me...

I decided to try this whole fitness/healthy lifestyle blog thing again. I deleted all my old posts, I figured September was WAY too long ago and decided to start new. I want to be honest and share about my goals, my progress, and my setbacks in a hope to inspire or at least entertain a few people.

So I figure I am going to start by just a quick summary of where I am today and what some of my goals are. I am sure to expand on these things later. But for now, read on to get to know me.

My workout routine focuses on strength training and running. I have a trainer, his name is Bryce, and probably the third most important guy in my life (other than my dad and my brother), who I see once a week and can text for advice whenever I want. "Going for runs" still really isn't my thing, but I do it to prepare for a 5K I am doing at the end of June and for my 4th season of touch football (Go Titans!)

For the moment I am really only getting in three days a week, one upper body strength, one lower body strength, and a solid running day. I walk a lot, but I don't really like to count that. When I have a little more time, I hope to be back at the gym or out on runs 5 or 6 times a week.

First, I am going to start with one of those photos showing off my bod, not to be vane or try to convince you I'm overweight or anything (I know I'm not). Its just to give some context and to track my progress.


As of today...


The particulars:
Age: 25
Weight: 147 pounds
Height: 5'11
Diet: Limiting junk food and alcohol, drinking lots of water, and trying to incorporate more vegetables and alternative proteins in my diet.

Some Things I Am Capable Of:
Bench Press: 50 pounds
Overhead Press: 30 pounds
Squats: 40 pounds (but working on full range of motion)
Deadlift: 75 pounds 
Leg Press: 90 pounds
Running: Several Sets of a couple minute intervals of running and walking. 

Goals (expand on these later):
  • Run all (or minimal walk times) of the Color Me Rad 5K
  • By my birthday (June 16th)
    • Bench Press 75 pounds
    • Overhead Press 50 pounds
    • Squats: 50 pounds with full range of motion
    • Deadlift: Bodyweight (145 pounds)
  • Feel confident and sexy walking around in two piece bathing suit by summer.

 Anywho, I would love to hear feedback, advice, or even bitch at me if you really want to. Anything to show that someone might actually read this. Facebook, twitter, here, to my face, wherever your chosen outlet is.

Peace out homeslices.


No comments:

Post a Comment